As an entrepreneur, you'll need to wear many hats throughout the day to keep your business running smoothly. However, there comes a time when you simply can't do everything that's on your schedule, and hiring extra hands becomes the only viable solution.
But this doesn't need to mean taking on staff to work for you full time. Hiring one or more virtual assistants can give you the benefits of a full-time employee without many of the costs and responsibilities.
Main Tasks of Virtual Assistants:
Many kinds of virtual assistant (VA) are available, and the boundary between an assistant and a full outsourcing service is sometimes blurred, but the main tasks a VA can take on include:
General Admin Tasks
- General office administration.
- Secretarial and personal assistant duties.
- Appointment booking and meetings coordination.
- Bookkeeping and payroll administration.
- Data entry, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Technical support and management.
- Specialist creative duties from graphic design to blogging writing to website design.
Limitations/Benefits of employing a Virtual Assistant
- Hiring a Virtual Assistant offers many compelling business benefits.
- Delegate simple or repetitive tasks with ease possibly at a lower cost. In comparison to employing full-time in-house staff who may not fill a 9-5 day productively.
- Employ an assistant for the hours you want, any time of the day or night, to suit your own working patterns.
- Scale up or down the hours hired to suit your immediate business needs.
- You will get help at a lower operational cost compared to in-house employees.
- Save even more cash as you don't need to pay for example:
- staff benefits
- employer taxes
- or sick and holiday leave.
- Avoid the need to pay for larger premises, office equipment, software licenses, and other ongoing costs of employment.
- Choose different VAs to suit different tasks and workloads.
- There is no need to employ a generalist with varying levels of effectiveness.
- Pay different rates for different skill sets, outsourcing the simplest tasks for the lowest hourly rates.
- Access high-level expertise for one-off or infrequent work, without the complications of maintaining a contract.
- Lower management and supervision overhead; simply book the hours and receive the work, with the VA agency handling all administration aspects.
- Remove recruitment from your workload and strip its costs from your business accounts.
Hiring a virtual assistant frees up your own time energy. You'll be able to leave the mundane aspects of running a business behind. And fully concentrate on your venture onward to success. Now, doesn’t that sound awesome?